The Jal Tarang Project
Inspired by the waters that surround it, Jal Tarang has been designed in the form of the Matsya, the fish, the original inhabitant of the Mansagar Lake. Every aspect of the project has been designed to interplay with the shimmering waters. The restored ancient pleasure pavilion of the royal family, the Jal Mahal. The terrace garden of Chameli Bagh with its panoramic views of the valley. Luxury hotels, resorts and a convention centre. Food courts and restaurants, the crafts bazaar and retail facilities, the museum and art galleries, the ethnic village, entertainment centre, amphitheatre and world class water sport facilities. The desert state of Rajasthan is set to come alive on the waterfront.
Key components of the project
• Beautifully restored heritage monument
• Revived waters of Mansagar Lake
• Hotels and Convention Centre
• Restaurants and Food Courts
• Urban Village and Entertainment Centre
• Crafts Bazaar and High-end Retail Outlets
• Culture, sports, sailing and other water activities
• Museum / Art galleries
• Rich balance of nature, culture, art, history and modernity
• Attractive mix of facilities for business, leisure and pleasure
• Well-planned waterways, pedestrian paths and waterside boardwalk for easy circulation
• Ample parking facilities and service areas
The project is currently under design and is programmed to be constructed and opened for business tentatively by the year 2014. The layout shown is indicative and the components highlighted might change as work evolves on site.